Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring 2008 Soaring Higher

Here in San Francisco the Haight Ashbury is experiencing the best Spring time weather. I have seen lots of flowers and flowing items on girls floating by my windows. Men seem to be embracing a new romantic manliness this spring. Black still the main color for the metro man. I would love to see a little more style in SF. The lack of a cohesive area where people can find great unique items. When I was partners in a store in the East Village in NY one could find anything there. The Lower East Side rocked for the bohemian fashionista! We really don't have anything just like NY! SF, we really can't try to be NY and should never try. Here I find lots of things. People love deals here. I mean like Target, Ross, IKEA and the Gap for example. Shops that seem to house original stylish items are too pricey for most.

The Haight seems to be our only spot for really unique items. However the rents are so high here it really keeps the one off shops away. Lower Haight has its share of funky frolic joints. Lack of parking, homeless, and general funk keep lots of people away. When I say people I mean people with tons of disposable income.

With so many designers here I don't understand why people are so conservative? Is it that they can't find the designers? Is that stores tend to be skeptical of taking new designers? Why can't people have more style? Why can't people find designers? Why can't people find style?

My goal is to elevate SF style to a higher level. To match designer with the unstyled beings of the city. As an great architect works with a great dwelling so should a designer be with a client. To pull the style out of the being only then revealing what is really going on inside!